Temporary Merchant , Peddler Permit, Auction or Temporary Sexually Oriented Permit

This permit is for any person who engages in a temporary business of selling and delivering goods or providing services; and who may, in furtherance of such purposes, hire, lease, use or occupy any building, structure, tent, room in a hotel, shop or other place for the exhibition and sale of such goods or the provision of such services, either privately or at public auction.  This permit is valid for thirty days within the calendar year. This application also requires a sales tax or use permit from the State of Nevada.  The Elko Police Department requires approval be obtained in person at 1448 Silver Street.  The application fee is $25.00. Fee for 1-30 days is $103.50. 

 This application applies to any person traveling either by foot, motor vehicle, or any other type of conveyance, from place to place, or from house to house, or from street to street, taking or attempting to take orders for the sale of goods of any nature whatsoever for future delivery, or for services to be furnished or performed in the future; or carrying, conveying or transporting goods, offering and exposing the same for sale.  There are Idaho Street Restriction: Solicitors, temporary merchants and/or peddlers shall not be allowed to display, sell, or solicit merchandise for sale along Idaho Street or within 100 feet of the right-of-way line on either side of Idaho Street where there are no curb, gutter, and sidewalk improvements.
City Park Restriction: No Business License shall be issued for business to be conducted within any City owned park and/or adjoining right-of-ways including, but not exclusively, streets, curbs, gutters or parks unless allowable under the Special Events License provisions (4-1-16), Title 5 Chapter 12, Section 2 and 3, or operating with a City Concessionaire Agreement. All peddlers/solicitors are required to obtain a work permit  in person at the Elko Police Department at 1448 Silver.  This application also requires a sales tax or use permit from the State of Nevada.  The fees include:  1-30 days: $103.50; 31-90 days: $207; Yearly: $690

 This permit applies to  a sale of property by public outcry to the highest bidder using an Auctioneer: Any person who shall by public outcry, sell or offer to sell to the highest bidder at public offering, any goods, merchandise, livestock, real estate or interest in real estate, security or any personal property at any place within the City where any and all persons who choose to do so are permitted to attend and offer bids; or any person who shall advertise or in any other manner hold himself out as an auctioneer for public patronage.
This application also requires a sales tax or use permit from the State of Nevada.   The fee is $138 per day.

Pursuant to City Code 4-10  a sexually oriented business includes adult bookstores, adult motion picture theaters, adult mini-motion picture theaters, adult massage parlors, adult steam room/bathhouse/sauna facilities, adult companionship establishments, adult rap/conversation parlors, adult health/sport clubs, adult cabarets, adult novelty businesses, adult motion picture arcades, adult modeling studios, adult hotels/motels, adult body painting studios, "soda pop" or nonalcoholic beverage club, adult barbershops, adult beauty salons, and other premises, enterprises, establishments, businesses or places open to some or all members of the public, at or in which there is an emphasis on the presentation, display, depiction or description of "specified sexual activities" or "specified anatomical areas" which are capable of being seen by members of the public. Activities classified as obscene as defined by Nevada Revised Statutes section 201.235 et seq., are not included. As used in this chapter, for licensing and regulatory purposes, sexually oriented business uses do not include houses of prostitution which are licensed, controlled, operated and zoned under chapter 9 of this title.  

Said activity or event shall be limited to no more than ten (10) consecutive days taking place at a minimum thirty (30) day intervals following a similar activity or event and such activities or events occurring no more than four (4) times within a calendar year. This application also requires a sales tax or use permit from the State of Nevada. The application fee is $60 per event.